As I'm sure many of you have noticed, the Street Thug tier got a stealth make-over sometime during the day today:
Let's clear some things up:
- First off, it's clear that this is 1) some sort of test and 2) rushed and incomplete.
- Secondly, there still does appear to be three tiers, though they may not be working for everyone.
- Thirdly, it seems like I (and many others) lost job mastery randomly on some of the jobs. As a side note, I tried mastering these jobs and while I was able to regain my lost mastery, I did not get a new skill point for mastering the job.
- Additionally, it does not appear to show any loot requirements to participate in the jobs. I think this is just a bug, since it doesn't show what jobs drop items either, yet loot still drops.
- Finally, I don't necessarily see this as an attempt to revamp the actual structure of the game but simply the developers converting more features to Flash rather than text. All the jobs in Street Thug can now be repeated really quickly and it seems like the conversion to flash will increase the ease of playing.
The Street Thug changes, bugs aside, do not seem to be a significant factor in game play at the moment. The most annoying thing about this update is actually all these new pop-ups that jump out of the screen every time I try to do a few heists!