Since I have been getting a lot of e-mails on Episode 5 (and one topic in particular), I decided to skip over Episode 4 for now and cut right to the chase.
People want to know: how do I beat 'Red' Jackson on Ruby level?
A reader named Al shared his strategy with me for beating her:
Make sure your Top Mafia are good fighting characters. Do not use weak top mafia members (i.e. energy accounts). Test this out by attacking the boss once and seeing if you survive. If you are able to survive one round, you are good to go. If not, find some tougher top mafia members!
1. Load up with Shivs, Stun Guns, and Grenades (10 of each).
2. Attack the boss, and attack her one round.
3. If you survive (your top mafia members should be almost dead but not quite), proceed to step 4. If not, heal up and try again.
4. Use all of your Grenades.
5. Use all of your Stun guns.
6. Use all of your Shivs.
7. Attack until you die.
8. Re-arm with shivs, grenades, and stun guns. You need pretty much all 10 grenades and all 10 stun guns to make a re-attack worthwhile.
9. Repeat this process a few times (could take up to 5 rounds). The boss will heal some but if you are quick and do not leave Las Vegas it is doable. You may need energy packs and even have to spend reward points on energy in order to collect more items.
The Shivs really do go a long way towards defeating this particular boss. Each Shiv will hit the boss for about 40 damage, so you can knock off 400 of her 6,000 HP by using your Shivs. After you use all the Grenades, it will still take 5-8 stun guns to kill off all her helpers, depending on your strength. This only leaves you to get a few hits on her.
You really need some good attack strength in order to dent her HP. It can be really tough with an energy account and take you a lot of rounds to win. With a fighting account, it is just as tough if not harder because it is really hard to collect all the items you will need to take her down with a small energy pool!
With that said, for killing 'Red' Jackson you get her Motorcycle. Here are the stats:
Bronze: 107 attack, 73 defense
Silver: 120 attack, 92 defense
Gold: 138 attack, 105 defense
Ruby: 162 attack, 140 defense
Other Mojave Desert loot:
Bark Scorpion (animal; 50 attack, 30 defense)
Dune Buggy (vehicle; 41 attack, 35 defense)
Set of Biker Leathers (armor; 30 attack, 48 defense)
Bighorn Ram (animal; 37 attack, 42 defense)
Precision SMG (weapon; 42 attack, 30 defense)
Range Finder Rifle (weapon; 37 attack, 54 defense)
Mojave Mike (vehicle; 40 attack, 53 defense)
..and the "Rescue a Hotelier" job drops the Bellhop, which can be used to upgrade your casino.