If you're like me, you've been getting an error message when you try to add more Gift Protectors for the No Crime Like the Present event...
|That's odd - I had *45* presents last night...|
...and you're slowly losing Presents from under your Tree because of it.
I've read about two solutions to this problem, and want our readers to benefit from them - but the thanks go to various MW players who
You don't have to pick one solution or the other - you can do both - but one is easier (yet leads to more clutter on your Facebook news feed) than the other.
Either way, you'll want to repeat these in the days leading to New Years to keep as many Gift Protectors - and Presents - as possible.
EASY & More FB News Feed Clutter
1. Start at your main Facebook Page (not in Mafia Wars)
2. Go to the Account menu at the top right of your Facebook home screen.
3. Click 'Privacy Settings'
4. Click 'Manage'
5. Find and click on the 'Applications and Websites' link on the bottom left of that page.
6. Click 'Edit Your Settings'
7. Find and click on 'Mafia Wars'
8. Look at the 'Post to My Wall' setting. If you can click Remove, do that.
Once this is done, when you return to Mafia Wars, and go to the No Crime Like the Present screen, you should be again able to add Gift Protectors by clicking on 'Get Help' and seeing this screen:
CHALLENGING but Minimal News Feed Clutter
1. Go to the Wall Page for any Mafia member who is either (i) one of your still-active Gift Protectors, or (ii) some one you asked to be a Gift Protector, or (iii) a former Gift Protectors (you lose them from Robberies).
2. This is NOT on your Profile page. You have to go to the Wall Page of some one in your Mafia meeting one of the three definitions above. (If you can't recall the Mafia members you asked, try Solution #1 and then follow these steps for a Mafia member you ask from that process).
3. Scroll down until your find YOUR request for Christmas Tree protection
|This is NOT on your Profile page - go to your Mafia member's Wall|
4. RIGHT-click on the words "Protect em" on the lower right of that request.
|At this point, you're no longer playing Mafia Wars...|
you might as well
5. Select 'Copy link address'
6. Open a new tab/window in your browser, and go to TinyURL.com.
7. In the center of the screen, where you see the blank space under 'Enter a long URL to make tiny', either (i) LEFT click your mouse so that the cursor is there, and press Ctrl-V, or (ii) RIGHT click your mouse and select 'Paste'
8. Once you see the ten-trillion-character URL in the box, click 'Make TinyURL!'
9. Now copy the much-shorter URL that is generated.
|Just copy and paste the TinyURL link, shaded in blue above. |
(Don't open it - you can't protect your own tree)
10. Return to your Facebook home page. Under Share (right at the top of your page), select Link, paste the TinyURL link, and click on Attach.
11. You'll be give the option to comment on your Link. Type something like "Please protect my Christmas Tree!!" so that your
12. Press 'Share' and this message - and the link - will be published to your entire Mafia (or every Mafia member who you've kept as a Facebook friend).
13. Anyone who clicks on that link will become a Gift Protector (and will receive a gift from you), until you have 6 protectors.
14. Repeat this process each day that you see your Gift Protectors fall below 6. Don't use the same link the next day - you NEED A NEW TinyURL LINK EACH DAY.
I know this is a lot of work - but given the Rewards you'll get from completing No Crime Like the Present, it's well worth the effort. Good luck!